Just-a-guy,

I'll admit that at first I debated even responding to you as your comments sounded almost irrational to the point that you are just looking for a fight. But then I thought - what if you are genuine and what if others get misled by your statements. So, here is my response.

A hair transplant is NOT a scam and it can be a wonderful thing. There is one condition - it has to be performed by a top quality doctor.

You mention that it's cooler to be bald than to have a full head of hair? WOW - never knew that. Some people can pull off the shaved head look and be fine with it, but others - like myself - love the idea of 'not aging' (at least my hair not aging) and know that we look better with hair. Choice is a wonderful thing!

You mention "a HT that (is something) you need to maintain and keep up with for the rest of your life". In actuality, a HT moves permanent hair from the sides and back of your head to the front and crown. This requires no further maintenance or upkeep. A HT is not a 'weave', 'fusion matrix', 'hairpiece' which requires daily, monthly, annual, etc. upkeep. It's a permanent procedure. I'd recommend Propecia or Rogaine for those who are thinning or want to prevent future loss, though, in addition to a HT.

You also mention "scar stretching". If a person has a HT today with the tricho closure, there is virtually no scar to speak of. Further, if one is careful following the HT (ie. not doing deadlifts a couple weeks after a procedure), then the scar will not stretch and get worse. In fact, my scar got better with my recent HT as the old Bosley scar was removed and replaced with a Tricho Closure. I'm very pleased thus far.

You continue... "even a good HT is still ridiculous and not normal looking". Again, you are mistaken here. An 'acceptable' HT is a HT that grows hair and a 'good' HT is one which is mostly unnoticeable. But this is not the standard that is sought after on this site. A great or ideal HT is one that is so good that you would have NO idea that it was a HT. HT's from the top Doctors are now that good. Look at Futzyhead's images. There is no way you could ever describe that as a recognizable HT. Never.

You continue, "The final results (are) still a receding hairline". Of course they are still receding. A HT is permanent hair and will not recede over time as most normal hairlines do. Thus, to ensure they look as natural when the patient is 25 as 55 as 75, there is some recession built into the HT procedure. This can still look amazing and each person is judged individually.

Okay - that's all for now. Seriously, Just-a-Guy, you need to forget the HT's from the 80's and any Bosley / MHR , etc. HT outfit. The new state-of-the-art locations (ie. Shapiro, H&W, etc. as listed in the Coalition on this site) are TOP QUALITY. There is no pitting, obvious hairlines, etc.

Hope this clears up any confusion.