Hair Transplant Experiences and Surgeon Reviews - Powered by vBulletin
Üst boşluk sağlandı
+ Post New Thread

Thread: First haircut?

First haircut?

Hey guys I just had my FUT strip transplant done Monday January 14th.

I am due to get the staples out January 24th. My doc seems like a say what I want to hear kind of guy, but I'm wondering what everyone's opinion on when I can get my first haircut?

I usually go with a 3 on the sides then scissors to what is left up top, but I'm wondering when I will be able to hit the recipient area with a 3 clipper as well?

Thanks,

Congrats on your HT

I had my first one done Nov 17th. Its been two months today and the redness is still there.

I cut my hair almost immediately down to about 1/5th of an inch to match the size of the new grafts. It looked great for a day or two before all the grafts started falling out. lol.

If you cut your hair down to less than an inch you will see your REAL norwood scale. I thought I was still a norwood 2 at age 46 until I cut it all down and saw that while my hairline was still a norwood 2, my diffuse thinning is going to make me a norwood 4 or 5 eventually.

I am glad I did it though so I could really see what my hair situation really looked like. I hadn't buzzed it since I was 23.

It all depends on how comfortable you feel with people seeing the redness in the transplanted areas. If you dont want the hassle, then leave your hair long and comb it over.

do you have any pics you want to post ?

Everyone responds a little bit different post-op. Most guys see the need to begin trimming the exisitng hair between one month and roughly three months post-op depending on how short of a hair style they wish to have.

On average, exisitng hair grows at roughly 1/2 inch per month. But sometimes this can be slower as the scalp recovers from the overall trauma from the surgery.

Eventually as the new transplants gain length and you trim the exisitng hair, they will both blend in togethor and then you can begin cutting the entire hair mass togethor.

Forum Attention