Hey everyone..

So I have been doing research and waiting over a year. I am now over 25 and decided to go through with an FUE HT with Dr. Rahal in Ottawa.

Today I came and his staff took photos, and I met with Dr Rahal to go through the whole process. He is a very calm man, and he is coming up on 22 years of doing this, with thousands and thousands of patients - so his experience is reassuring.

They drew the markings on my head but did not shave my head today. I head in tomorrow morning for 6:00 AM to start the whole process.

I will be keeping a daily log of everything, as well as photos though the photos may take a few days to post up.

I decided not to stay in the guest house he offers, as I am with a guest and we were more comfortable at a hotel in downtown Ottawa.

If any of you have any questions at all, please let me know and I will be sure to do my best to either ask Dr Rahal and his staff, or explain the experience you may be curious about. I will try and make note of just about everything!

I am scheduled for 2500 grafts, all in my frontal region. I am a NW3 but do have extremely mild thinning in my crown but he felt that it could easily be covered up with product such as toppik, or even microblading (I am not familiar with this technique but he mentioned it today). He is doing this amount and saving some of my donor area in case I require another procedure in the future.

I opted to go for the PRP treatment during my transplant tomorrow. He basically explained it is best for us to put as many things in our favour that we can, so although PRP maybe can't be guaranteed to make hair grow, the idea behind it is good and can't hurt. I believe he suggested rogaine at some point during healing so I will do that as well.

Wish me luck!